PLEASE COMPLETE MY SURVEY! ITS FUN!
What are your thoughts of Fudge Paintbox (Including packaging, colour, logo and of course how it works for you!) ?
Coloured streaks through layers
My friend is planning on going pink, and I couldn’t help but feed my addiction and dye my own hair too.
I’m going away to my friend’s beach holiday house… so I wanted something light and fun.
Seeing as though my hair already has an ombre style of blonde, I didn’t want to do any highlights that could potentially ruin the look, so I decided to go for an old ‘streak dip dye’ look. Now, I have learnt a lot from my past adventures and this time, I’m thinking it will come out looking good.
Aim: Coloured streaks showing through layers.
(if you don’t have layers, skip step 2 and 3)
- Start with DRY hair
- Tie up top layers of hair, leaving just the longer bits.
- Put your finger where your longer layers end. Put bobby pin at this height.
- Choose the strands where you wish your streaks to go and tie the rest back in a bun. (If you find this hard, put your selected strands in your mouth!) Try not to choose big clumps of hair. Spread it evenly back to front and don’t choose strands that are too close together!!
- Put hair dye of choice into a mixing bowl. (If you want a PASTEL colour, mix a 5 cent coin amount of dye with globs of conditioner. Mix with paint brush, chopstick, whatever utensil you have I suppose. One you don’t care about)
- Put on gloves!
- Apply coloured dye to your hair. (If you have layers, apply above the bobby pin mark to your desired length to ensure that the streaks fall underneath the layers, which gives it more of a gradual effect)
- Leave on for recommended time (average 15 - 20 minutes)
- Rinse and apply conditioner or a moisturising mask.
- Leave to air dry :)
I will post a photo when its dry,
thanks for reading and good luck!!!